In his fifth God’s Generals volume, Roberts Liardon chronicles some of the great evangelists who risked their lives to take the gospel message to strange and unknown cultures around t he world.
1 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
In his fifth God’s Generals volume, Roberts Liardon chronicles some of the great evangelists who risked their lives to take the gospel message to strange and unknown cultures around t he world, including…
• Nikolaus Ludwig von Zinzendorf—the Austrian nobleman whose passion for Christ ushered in the Moravian revival of the 1700s.
• David Brainerd—the young American colonist who sacrificially reached out to Native Americans. • William Carey—the British shoemaker and Bible translator whose passion to reach India birthed a missionary revolution.
• David Livingstone—the explorer who crossed the “unknown continent” and opened the heart of Africa to the gospel.
• Adoniram Judson—the “Father of American Missions” who endured tragedy to reach the people of Burma.
• Hudson Taylor—the first missionary to use the phrase “Great Commission,” who pioneered the China Inland Mission, transforming millions of lives along the way.
• Hiram Bingham—the first Protestant missionary, who spent twenty years serving Christ in what is now Hawaii.
• Amy Carmichael—the selfless Irish missionary who dedicated her life to the forsaken children of India.
• Jonathan Goforth—the passionate Canadian revivalist who brought salvation and healing to hundreds of thousands of Chinese people.
The sacrifice and courage of these spiritual pioneers are sure to stoke the fires of your faith and revive within your heart a spirit of evangelism and compassion for the lost.